There are a lot of factors that one needs to consider when deciding what kind of a lawn would be best for your garden. Not only does every garden have different needs but everyone also has different preferences when it comes to their lawn. Turf choices also vary but instant turf makes turf establishment much easier today. So what are some things one should keep in mind before choosing a lawn type.
- Aesthetic The look of the garden matters a lot to most people. You need to keep in mind how often you mow your lawn and your other gardening habits, so that you can choose a turf which can be easily maintained by you.
- Natural Lighting Not all grass is the same thus they require different levels of sunlight. You need to see how much natural sunlight the garden gets so that you can get a turf which would thrive in the sunlight which will be best suited for what naturally occurring sunlight the garden gets.
- Soil Nutrient Level The nutrient level of soil varies from garden to garden. Proper site preparation with a good underlay is essential for a healthy lawn.
- Location If you live near a coastal area then the turf choice should reflect that. The wind in such areas is salty and can cause damage to a lot of kinds of turfs.
- Dogs & Pest Problems If you have dogs choose a turf variety that is hard-wearing. Also at some stage all turf will have a natural pest problem. When something doesn’l look right, search for the type of pest that is affecting your lawn and treat is straight away before the problem area spreads.